So I have found out that I was up for 2 positions at the law firm- both that pay a third less than what I was paid in the military. One of the positions I did not get and the other- they have not gotten back to me about- I am doubtful.
I talked to my unemployment case manager and applied for some positions but I have conditions that need to be met- day shift, not past 6 because the baby will be in day care, and hopefully enough money for us to get back on our feet. I would like to at least make as much as I was in the military and I have been told that with my experience that is not a pipe dream.
I feel very discouraged about the whole process. I think that I am not putting in my all and may be missing out and yet it is hard to summon the effort. I need to come up with the willpower to Just Do It!
I should come up with a manifesto about my goals-
1. To tailor my resume and cover letter to each job and use some of the language from the qualifications to enhance the resume.
I will apply to at least 5 jobs a day with this tailoring for the next 2 months. That is Mon- Fri for the 5 apps.
2. I will work out every day- not just take a walk with the dog and baby. I will get my fat caboose into some sweats and do some strength training at least 4 times a week- and then do some more cardio. The goal is to get into the 150’s with the weight- I am currently at 164 the last time I checked.
3. I will start DOING the CF program to see if it actually works. I will educate myself on what to do and record my results on at least a weekly basis to see if it is working for me. Actually putting effort into it and learning.
4. I will talk to the Unemployment VA rep to see if he has any leads or federal jobs that I can get into.
5. I will keep educating myself on personal finance and take notes to make sure I am doing it right- one page of notes per week that is relevant.
6. I will work with the baby on her development and be on the floor with her rolling around at least an hour every day.
7. I will organize our storage space and our bedroom and go through our clothes by the end of July.
8. I will call the NG guy about education and seeing if I can take some classes and get paid to live also if it is not working out for me.
9. I will continue educating myself about cuisine and the preparation thereof. I will make one new dish per week and not break the bank with groceries.
10. I will not overdraw the account for the next 2 months.
11. I will send in the mortgage paperwork to refinance our loan.
12. I will do better at budgeting and the finances.
13. I will be more optimistic and not freak out on the husband because I am unemployed and at home with a baby as my only social life.
14. I will reassess all goals in a month and possibly add others.